Water heaters, like all appliances, will break down over a period of time. It is important to replace your water heater before it completely stops working and leads to significant water damage in your home. Cloud 9 Home Comfort offers the highest quality water heater repairs, maintenance and installation in the Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo Guelph, and Brantford area.
Some warning signs that it may be time to replace your water heater are:
- Age (more than ten years old)
- Rust or corrosion
- Minor leakage
- Water is cold or at most lukewarm
- Water is not draining through the drain valve
When it comes time to replace your water heater, there are many factors to take into consideration. You most likely currently have a traditional tank style water heater in your home. There are now a number of alternatives on the market for you to choose from.
- Tankless Water Heaters- Heat water only when you need it so you can enjoy hot water in continuous supply.
- High Efficiency Tank Type Water Heater - More efficient at heating water and maintaining that heat. This results in more hot water available and lower costs to run
- Traditional Tank Type Water Heater - These units are still popular and budget friendly
- Point of Use Water Heater - Save space and are designed for installation under sinks and other non traditional spaces. They deliver hot water right away so you don't have to wait for it.